Fresh and pretty, this arranged salad is a terrific way to get fruit and veggies into your day. Sweet oranges and a tangy dressing make a delightful match. —Francis Garland, Anniston, Alabama
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce among six serving plates. Top with tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, oranges and olives. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Summer Salads with Mandarin Oranges in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p61
Reviews for Summer Salads with Mandarin Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review