Summer Salads with Mandarin Oranges Recipe
Fresh and pretty, this arranged salad is a terrific way to get fruit and veggies into your day. Sweet oranges and a tangy dressing make a delightful match. —Francis Garland, Anniston, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- 2. Divide lettuce among six serving plates. Top with tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, oranges and olives. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 247 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC