Summer Salad with Golden Dressing Recipe
"THE GOLDEN DRESSING for this salad is more than just a salad topping. It's excellent served as a sauce for meat or used as a marinade for vegetables. The touch of curry gives any combination of vegetables a wonderfully tangy taste."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, cooked and drained or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced unpeeled cucumber
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a bowl, lightly toss green beans with celery, cucumber and radishes. Chill.
- 2. Arrange tomatoes on a lettuce-lined platter. Fill center with vegetables. Combine dressing ingredients; just before serving, pour over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 167 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC