Summer Salad with Golden Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, cooked and drained or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced unpeeled cucumber
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a bowl, lightly toss green beans with celery, cucumber and radishes. Chill.
- 2. Arrange tomatoes on a lettuce-lined platter. Fill center with vegetables. Combine dressing ingredients; just before serving, pour over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 167 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Summer Salad with Golden Dressing
"I would make this salad again, except for the dressing, which was disappointing. The hard-boiled eggs are fine but use a different dressing. Also, use the frozen green beans not the canned - the frozen have a much more appetizing color and fresher taste. Otherwise this is a salad with a very pretty, appetizing presentation."