- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry steak until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from heat. If desired, sprinkle with salt.
- Place romaine, fruit and beef in a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. If desired, top with walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette in Country June/July 1998, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2009
"We didn't really like the dressing much, but the rest of the salad was great."