Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry steak in oil for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss romaine, oranges, strawberries and steak. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.