Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
I live in Orange County and, as you might guess by our county's name, there are plenty of orange trees here. This salad is one of my favorite ways to use this delightful fruit. It makes a nice light supper on a hot day.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry steak in oil for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, oranges, strawberries and steak. Add vinaigrette toss to coat. Top with walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette in Country June/July 1998, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2009
We didn't really like the dressing much, but the rest of the salad was great.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >