Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry steak in oil for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, oranges, strawberries and steak. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Sort By :
We didn't really like the dressing much, but the rest of the salad was great.