Lots of wonderfully fresh-tasting vegetables are showcased in this chunky soup sent by Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn of Northampton, Pennsylvania. "It's a great way to use up summer's excess produce," she explains. "And it's so versatile—you can add or delete just about any vegetable."
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups halved fresh green beans
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cubed
- 4 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- Combine all ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Summer's Bounty Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p21
Reviews for Summer's Bounty Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review