- 5-1/2 to 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to be absorbed between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender (total cooking time will be about 20 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, corn, feta cheese, herbs, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Summer Risotto in Country Woman August/September 2011, p34
Reviews for Summer Risotto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review