Summer Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, tomatoes, onion and olives. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, parsley, sugar and salt; mix well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 136 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Summer Rice Salad
"Needed a side dish for family party. This looked easy and tasty. Everyone who tried it enjoyed it. I happened to have Trader Joe's rice medley (heat in the micro package with brown rice, red rice and black barley) which is really tasty. Also added tbsp dijon mustard and 1/2 C toasted pecans for texture. Picked up spplies to make more too. As my Sis said - this could be a meal itself."
"Very good. I kicked it up a bit with Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, black pepper and Mrs. Dash. I also added some sweet orange bell pepper. Next time I'll probably double the dressing as it was slightly dry. Great recipe to customize to your family's tastes, and pretty too!"