Summer Rice Salad Recipe
Tangy dressing and flavorful ingredients make for a very tasty side dish that's a refreshing alternative to potato salad. People can't seem to stop eating this unique salad. It's great with hamburgers or chicken at picnics or potluck dinners. -Laura Panfil, Niles, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:4-6 servings
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, tomatoes, onion and olives. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, parsley, sugar and salt; mix well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC