Summer Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine rice, tomatoes, onion and olives. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, parsley, sugar and salt; mix well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Summer Rice Salad(3)
Sort By :
Needed a side dish for family party. This looked easy and tasty. Everyone who tried it enjoyed it. I happened to have Trader Joe's rice medley (heat in the micro package with brown rice, red rice and black barley) which is really tasty. Also added tbsp dijon mustard and 1/2 C toasted pecans for texture. Picked up spplies to make more too. As my Sis said - this could be a meal itself.
Very good. I kicked it up a bit with Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, black pepper and Mrs. Dash. I also added some sweet orange bell pepper. Next time I'll probably double the dressing as it was slightly dry. Great recipe to customize to your family's tastes, and pretty too!
This is easy and delicious. I cook several cups of rice in my rice cooker each week, so it is easy to measure out 2 cups for this recipe. I also add a diced cucumber, and use one regular tomato (instead of cherry tomatoes).