"I like the convenience of this salad, which can be made ahead, as well as its nice blend of ingredients," reports Lucia Johnson of Massena, New York.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and flour; gradually stir in water and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Stir mayonnaise and mustard into the dressing. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta and dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Summer Pasta Salad in Country Woman May/June 2000, p26
Reviews for Summer Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review