Summer Pasta Salad Recipe
"I like the convenience of this salad, which can be made ahead, as well as its nice blend of ingredients," reports Lucia Johnson of Massena, New York.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and flour; gradually stir in water and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Stir mayonnaise and mustard into the dressing. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta and dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Summer Pasta Salad in Country Woman May/June 2000, p26
Reviews for Summer Pasta Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review