I’m always looking for fun ways to use the fresh veggies that come in my Community Supported Agriculture box, and this salad is one of my favorite creations. I like to improvise with whatever I have on hand, feel free to do the same here! —Shayna Marmar, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Genius Foods to Pack for Your Next Plane Ride
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions for al dente. Drain orzo; rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat water over medium heat. Add corn; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to orzo; stir in tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, onion, mint and, if desired, capers. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over orzo mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in almonds. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Summer Orzo in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2016, p75
Reviews for Summer Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review