Summer Melon Salsa
From Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Sue Gronholz notes, "I've been experimenting with lots of different fruit salsa recipes, and this one is so good." The refreshing blend of melons is complemented by a slight jalapeno kick. TIP: "We like it with lime-flavored tortilla chips, but it's also delicious over grilled chicken," adds Sue.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the melon, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime
- juice, pepper and salt. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.