Summer Melon Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the melon, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and salt. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1/4 cup equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Summer Melon Salsa
"Awesome, easy to make, refreshing in the summertime, doubled the recipe. Big hit, lots of compliments."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.