From Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Sue Gronholz notes, "I've been experimenting with lots of different fruit salsa recipes, and this one is so good." The refreshing blend of melons is complemented by a slight jalapeno kick. TIP: "We like it with lime-flavored tortilla chips, but it's also delicious over grilled chicken," adds Sue.
Recommended: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the melon, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and salt. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Summer Melon Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p15
Reviews forSummer Melon Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review