Summer Melon Salsa Recipe
From Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Sue Gronholz notes, "I've been experimenting with lots of different fruit salsa recipes, and this one is so good." The refreshing blend of melons is complemented by a slight jalapeno kick. TIP: "We like it with lime-flavored tortilla chips, but it's also delicious over grilled chicken," adds Sue.
- 1/2 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the melon, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and salt. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Summer Melon Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Summer Melon Salsa(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2011
Awesome, easy to make, refreshing in the summertime, doubled the recipe. Big hit, lots of compliments.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Salsa Recipe >
- Jalapeno Salsa Recipe >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >