Summer Harvest Tart Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced peaches (about 2 small)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Press onto bottom and up sides of an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add fruit and lemon juice; toss to combine.
- 4. For topping, in a small bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and spices until blended. Gradually beat in flour and oats.
- 5. Add filling to crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 392 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Summer Harvest Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.