One of my favorite bakeries makes this scrumptious tart that uses fall and summer fruit, so I created my own version. I like to serve it warm with whipped cream or ice cream and with a cup of coffee on a cool autumn night.—Sarah Knoblock, Hyde Park, Indiana
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced peaches (about 2 small)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Press onto bottom and up sides of an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- For filling, in a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add fruit and lemon juice; toss to combine.
- For topping, in a small bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and spices until blended. Gradually beat in flour and oats.
- Add filling to crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Summer Harvest Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Summer Harvest Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review