Summer Gazpacho Recipe
Served as an appetizer or a light summer lunch, this very refreshing cold soup is definitely representative of Southwest cooking. The recipe is versatile, too-you can add or subtract various ingredients according to your own tastes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:5 servings
- SOUP BASE:
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- VEGETABLES GARNISHES:
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
- Chopped avocado
- 1. In a bowl, combine the soup base ingredients. Stir in vegetable garnishes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with avocado and croutons; serve cold. Yield: 5 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC