Summer Gazpacho Recipe
- SOUP BASE:
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- VEGETABLES GARNISHES:
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
- Chopped avocado
- In a bowl, combine the soup base ingredients. Stir in vegetable garnishes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with avocado and croutons; serve cold. Yield: 5 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Summer Gazpacho
Sort By :
"My all time favorite! Made several different gazpacho's from TOH and tried them out on friends and family. I used this recipe on TV recently. It's easy and versatile. My kids kept eating it before I got my good photos!"
"this was my first try at making this (and first taste) it was pretty good. :)"
"I am sure that I rated this 5 stars but it only shows 4. There's no revision, apparently; so I'm stuck with it, but it's not right."
"This is so good I want to drink it! My husband, who thinks he does not like cold soups, calls this "salad" instead."