- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh dill or pinch dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash
- In large saucepan, saute onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, beans, basil, tarragon, dill, salt if desired and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the broth, peas and zucchini; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Summer Garden Soup in Country Extra September 1997, p49
Reviews for Summer Garden Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review