Summer Garden Salad Recipe
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. Place tomato and cucumber in a small bowl; add the celery, olives, onion, mint and parsley. Toss to combine.
- 2. In another small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Divide vegetables between two plates; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with mint leaves if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 89 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Summer Garden Salad
"I really liked this salad. I used purple onions and no mint(didnt have any). I added real bacon bits. It was fabulous. I will make it again."
"This salad is amazing! I didn't have any mint so that was the only thing I left out. Served it with Bacon Squash Saute found on this site. A WONDERFUL meal!!!"