Now’s the time to raid your garden and herb patch and put together this healthy salad. A touch of mint will make your mouth water.—Jessica Reyno-Joseph, Kissimmee, Florida
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Place tomato and cucumber in a small bowl; add the celery, olives, onion, mint and parsley. Toss to combine.
- In another small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Divide vegetables between two plates; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with mint leaves if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Garden Salad in Country Woman August/September 2010, p47
Reviews for Summer Garden Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review