Summer Garden Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) small tube pasta
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, peppers and onions in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomato; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley, garlic pepper and salt; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 277 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.