Summer Garden Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat.
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each omelet equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Garden Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.