- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat.
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Garden Omelet in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Summer Garden Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2009
"These look wonderful and I make mine in the zip lock steamer bags. I use one bag or the vegetables and then add it to eggs and cheese in the second bag. Microwave for 1.5 minutes. Fastest omelet in the west!"