Summer Garden Omelet Recipe
Chock-full of fresh-picked garden flavor, this hearty omelet is cheesy, filling and ready in minutes. I often add chopped red pepper for color and variety. And for a light, extra-fluffy texture, try using 1/4-teaspoon of cornstarch per egg when mixing. Mary Relyea - Canastota, New York
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat.
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Garden Omelet in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Summer Garden Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2009
These look wonderful and I make mine in the zip lock steamer bags. I use one bag or the vegetables and then add it to eggs and cheese in the second bag. Microwave for 1.5 minutes. Fastest omelet in the west!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >