"This colorful side dish brings back sweet memories of the corn-and-tomato dish my mother often prepared int the summer," pens Elaine Nelson, Fresno, California. "Farmers in our area supply us with delicious eggplant...so I sometimes substitute them for the zucchini in veggie recipes like this one."
Recommended: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, corn, green pepper, leek and seasoned salt in oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Garden Medley in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p14
Reviews forSummer Garden Medley
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2009
"This is so tasty, especially prepared with fresh corn on the cob"