Summer Garden Medley Recipe
"This colorful side dish brings back sweet memories of the corn-and-tomato dish my mother often prepared int the summer," pens Elaine Nelson, Fresno, California. "Farmers in our area supply us with delicious eggplant...so I sometimes substitute them for the zucchini in veggie recipes like this one."
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, corn, green pepper, leek and seasoned salt in oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Garden Medley in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p14
Reviews for Summer Garden Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2009
This is so tasty, especially prepared with fresh corn on the cob