Summer Garden Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 poblano pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill corn and pepper, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with salt. Grill fish and squash, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and squash is tender, turning once.
- 3. Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Chop pepper and squash; add to corn. Stir in tomato, onion, cilantro, lime peel and lime juice. Serve fish in taco shells; top with corn mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos: 278 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Summer Garden Fish Tacos
"Wow! This is a great recipe, so much flavor. Home run in my house! Followed the recipe exactly as is, wouldn't change a thing.??"
"where do you find purple carrots?"
"These were amazing! The only change I made was adding Ancho Chile Pepper powder to the tilapia while cooking. Great recipe!"
"This were the best fish tacos EVER!"
"This was a good fish taco. It was hard to keep it from falling apart on a hard shell though. With typical taco meat and cheese, everything sticks better. Messy, but good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.