Summer Garden Couscous Salad Recipe
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Drain corn and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut the kernels from the cobs. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Summer Garden Couscous Salad(14)
Sort By :
Made it as is, and it was perfect. Even my non-salad-loving husband loves it. Served with small portions of grilled chicken and it was wonderful as a summer lunch or dinner. I love olives and will try adding a little bit of chopped olives to my portion next time.
I had tried a couple couscous recipes in the past, but my husband just didn't care for them. This recipe was my last attempt at couscous, and I am SO glad I tried it! I followed the recipe exactly, and we both thought it was absolutely delicious! It's a brieeze to throw together, and we will DEFINITELY enjoy this many times in the future!
This was an instant hit at our house!! Adjusted the flavors just a little for our taste. A definite make again! Thank you so much for sharing this!
I used carrots and red bell pepper was out of tomatoes and cucumber, also used a flavored oil. Was out of the ordinary!
Outstanding. Other than subbing in canned corn for the fresh, I made it as-is and wouldn't change a thing (except for maybe trying it with pearl couscous just for fun). It's great chilled or at room temperature, so it's perfect for summer potlucks.
If you like tabbouleh you will like this salad!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >