- 3 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Drain corn and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut the kernels from the cobs. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Summer Garden Couscous Salad
Sort By :
"This recipe is really really good. Every time I make it everyone LOVES it. I double the garlic and use a little more onion. However, recently I switched over to the Paleo diet and this recipe is amazing with cauliflower instead of couscous. Great recipe everyone will enjoy."
"This is sooooooo good!!! Wonderful flavor, good the next day. Perfect for summertime barbecue!"
"I made this salad using fresh corn, cucumber, and yellow cherries from my garden. My corn was so sweet that I shirked away from boiling it. So, I added the uncooked kernals right from the cobs and am pleased with the outcome. The salad is light and refreshing and works great as a main lunch course or a dinner side dish."
"made this today. I didn't have red onion but I am ok with that I am not a big onion fan. I made this to have for a quick lunch with some grilled chicken added to it!"
"This was SO good! I rarely alter recipes, but because of the need to use up some things, I made the following changes: I used a full box of "Original Couscous" and cooked it in one can of chicken broth. Mediterranean herb feta cheese crumbles. 1 tbsp dry parsley (I didn't have fresh). And, I had a squeeze bottle of lime juice, so I used that instead of lemon. But, I have to say that the fresh corn kernels, boiled for only a few minutes in a little bit of water, were SO good...added sweetness and crunch. And, I also added two small carrots, fine diced. My changes were not so crazy as to completely change the recipe, so I'm sure the original recipe is delicious. I just did what I had to do, and so glad I did. I will make this again and again!"