Summer Fruit Soup Recipe
"I've served this delightful medley for 37 years, and it has never failed to elicit raves from those eating it," assures Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 pint lime sherbet, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and 1-1/2 cups water. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thickened and clear.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate and remaining water until the concentrate is thawed. Stir in the strawberries, peaches and oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in bananas. Top each serving with a scoop of sherbet if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC