Summer Fruit Soup
"I've served this delightful medley for 37 years, and it has never failed to elicit raves from those eating it," assures Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 pint lime sherbet, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and 1-1/2 cups water.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thickened and clear.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate and remaining
- water until the concentrate is thawed. Stir in the strawberries,
- peaches and oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in bananas. Top each serving with a scoop
- of sherbet if desired. Yield: 6 servings.