Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
A tangy cream cheese dressing makes this refreshing salad special. I've found it's a big hit at potlucks, whether served as a salad or dessert. It makes a luscious finale on those sultry summer days when baking is out of the question. —James Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1-1/2 cups seedless green or red grapes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups diced peaches or nectarines
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Leaf lettuce
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the juices until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add juice mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl with the dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC