Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1-1/2 cups seedless green or red grapes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups diced peaches or nectarines
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Leaf lettuce
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the juices until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add juice mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl with the dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 230 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Summer Fruit Salad
"Very good recipe! Loved the dressing but there was a lot of it. When I mixed all the dressing in, it was fruit soup. I will keep making the dressing but will only use a small portion of it."
"Very pretty delicious salad. Great healthy addition to summer cookouts."
"This is absolutely delicious! I didn't read the recipe through, and was making it to bring to a party that afternoon, so naturally, couldn't let it chill overnight! I think it chilled for 3 hours at the most, and it was still a hit! This is perfect for those hot summer days!"
"This is wonderful! Delicious dressing, and especially refreshing on those hot summer days..I will make this again and again!"
"This is wonderful! I didn't even let it sit overnight, but mixed it with the dressing and served it only a few hours later. Everyone loved it!"
"Delicious, I made this for a luncheon at my work place. It was a hit.Marsha Campbell Cullman Alabama"