What says summer more than this sweet dessert simply packed with fresh cherries and juicy peaches? To beat the heat, dollop with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream. Beth Garvin - Cisco, Texas
- 4 cups fresh dark sweet cherries (about 1-1/4 pounds), pitted
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, peaches, sugar, flour and salt. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Summer Fruit Crisp in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p44
Reviews for Summer Fruit Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2011
"I made this with frozen cherries and frozen peaches from last years crop. The taste is very good but when you use frozen fruit you will need to increase the flour in the fruit mixture a lot. I did increase mine to 1/4 cup and it was still to juicy.Very good easy to make but next time either fresh fruit or more flour for sure."