Summer Fruit Crisp Recipe
What says summer more than this sweet dessert simply packed with fresh cherries and juicy peaches? To beat the heat, dollop with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream. Beth Garvin - Cisco, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 4 cups fresh dark sweet cherries (about 1-1/4 pounds), pitted
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cherries, peaches, sugar, flour and salt. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 234 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC