Summer Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, apples, grapes, celery and mandarin oranges. Gently stir in 1 cup yogurt mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate salad and remaining yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, stir in bananas, walnuts and remaining yogurt mixture. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Summer Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p37
Reviews for Summer Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
I used sour cream instead of yogurt, because I can't eat yogurt. I thought it was probably just as good. My family really liked it.