- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, apples, grapes, celery and mandarin oranges. Gently stir in 1 cup yogurt mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate salad and remaining yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, stir in bananas, walnuts and remaining yogurt mixture. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Summer Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p37
Reviews for Summer Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
"I used sour cream instead of yogurt, because I can't eat yogurt. I thought it was probably just as good. My family really liked it."