Summer-Fresh Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing, divided
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine water and tomatoes; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to quinoa. Stir in the cucumber, peppers, onions, cheese and 1/4 cup salad dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in remaining salad dressing. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Summer-Fresh Quinoa Salad(6)
Sort By :
I don't care for bell peppers but absolutely love this stuff!!!!
Easy and makes a super healthy lunch all by itself. I make this all the time.
This was great for a change of pace from the regular "green" salad. Really enjoyed it. I halfed the recipe because I wasn't sure I'd be able to eat if all before it might go bad...this will be something I make the full portion of for a work luncheon type thing.
My husband loves this quinoa salad! I tried it the first time and it was a hit! Since then I've made it for all sorts of gatherings and everyone loves it. Five stars!!
This is excellent and gets better the longer the quinoa soaks in the surrounding flavors.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >