Summer-Fresh Quinoa Salad Recipe
“This light and refreshing salad is easy to prepare and perfect for hot summer days. I often add zucchini or summer squash and use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried.” Liz Gadbois - Woodville, WI
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:14 servings
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing, divided
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine water and tomatoes; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to quinoa. Stir in the cucumber, peppers, onions, cheese and 1/4 cup salad dressing.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in remaining salad dressing. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup equals 148 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC