Summer Fresh Fruit Soup Recipe
On a hot summer day, nothing can top the flavor of the season's finest fruits. This recipe is both fast and festive.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh fruit of your choice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine water and tapioca; let stand for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, sugar, honey, extract and salt. Chill. Add fruit; refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 162 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC