- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press dough into a greased 12-in. x 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix well. Spread over crust. Arrange fruit on top. Brush glaze over fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Summer Dessert Pizza(4)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe several times now for work, every time I make them the employees yell at me for only making 2 (for a total of 10-12 employees) and I have been told that usually 2-3 didn't get any. I go in at 3pm the 1st one is usually gone by 4pm and the second one by 5:30 pm
This recipe was delicious. However, I did not make the crust. Instead, I used a roll of sugar cookie dough, that I pressed with a rolling pin out onto a 12' pizza pan. I baked it for about 16 min or until the edges got slightly brown. It was just the right mix of sweetness!
very good. We used fresh strawberries, we picked from a local orchard.
This was a big success, quite tasty. I streamlined it by using a long refrigerated sugar cookie roll for the crust. It still was very good, saved me some time. I tried to follow the picture, and the result was outstanding. Lots of compliments!