Summer Dessert Pizza Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Press dough into a greased 12-in. x 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 4. For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix well. Spread over crust. Arrange fruit on top. Brush glaze over fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 176 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Summer Dessert Pizza
"Great recipe! Can use warmed jelly in place of glaze to save a little time."
"yum, yummy and yummiest! Much better when the topping sits a bit and softens the cookie as a previous reviewer recommended. I slice portions of the pizza without fruit, and then spoon the cut-up fruit over each serving - no cutting thru the fruit and squashing the topping. Much nicer and easier!"
"This was so good. Believe it or or, my husband and I both thought it was better the next day after the cookie became a little softer! I used lite whipped cream and couldn't tell a difference. Next time I may try using reduced fat cream cheese too. Either way, it was delicious."
"These were beautiful and very tasty. I made two for my son's wedding, and one didn't make it to the reception! Great for a Summer occasion, when fresh fruit is available."
"I made this for the 4th of July ( just getting around to my review :+)) I used strawberries & blueberries in the design of the American Flag. BEAUTIFUL!!"
"I have to add peaches to anything that calls for fruit. This is simple and delicious."
"I took this to a 4th of July potluck BBQ and it was a huge hit! I arranged the fruit into a pretty design on top before adding the glaze. This is great with all the fruit that is ripe right now!"
"Great recipe. It is delicious and you can use whatever fruits your family likes. My kids really like this and you can let them put their own fruit on it."
"To answer the question about egg allergies, you might try a shortbread recipe. There are no eggs in it."
"I have made this, but I used puff pastry instead. Very good."
"Would love this recipe but I have someone allergic to flour and eggs,,,,I substitute rice or potato flour, but any substitute for the eggs"
"I make mine with strawberries, blueberries, halved seedless grapes, and peaches , nectarines, or plums. Like the other reviewers, I always get lots of compliments."
"I have made this recipe several times now for work, every time I make them the employees yell at me for only making 2 (for a total of 10-12 employees) and I have been told that usually 2-3 didn't get any. I go in at 3pm the 1st one is usually gone by 4pm and the second one by 5:30 pm"
"This recipe was delicious. However, I did not make the crust. Instead, I used a roll of sugar cookie dough, that I pressed with a rolling pin out onto a 12' pizza pan. I baked it for about 16 min or until the edges got slightly brown. It was just the right mix of sweetness!"
"very good. We used fresh strawberries, we picked from a local orchard."
"This was a big success, quite tasty. I streamlined it by using a long refrigerated sugar cookie roll for the crust. It still was very good, saved me some time. I tried to follow the picture, and the result was outstanding. Lots of compliments!"