- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press dough into a greased 12-in. x 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix well. Spread over crust. Arrange fruit on top. Brush glaze over fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Summer Dessert Pizza
Sort By :
"This was so good. Believe it or or, my husband and I both thought it was better the next day after the cookie became a little softer! I used lite whipped cream and couldn't tell a difference. Next time I may try using reduced fat cream cheese too. Either way, it was delicious."
"These were beautiful and very tasty. I made two for my son's wedding, and one didn't make it to the reception! Great for a Summer occasion, when fresh fruit is available."
"I made this for the 4th of July ( just getting around to my review :+)) I used strawberries & blueberries in the design of the American Flag. BEAUTIFUL!!"
"I have to add peaches to anything that calls for fruit. This is simple and delicious."
"I took this to a 4th of July potluck BBQ and it was a huge hit! I arranged the fruit into a pretty design on top before adding the glaze. This is great with all the fruit that is ripe right now!"