Summer Cucumber Salad Recipe
Whenever I pack a picnic, this salad comes along. It's great with grilled entrees or sandwiches. In summer and fall, it's among my most requested side dishes. It keeps well in the refrigerator, so you can make it ahead of time.
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper; shake well.
- 2. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 34 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Summer Cucumber Salad
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
"No one in my family liked it. It was really sour."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC