Summer Corn Salad Recipe
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Summer Corn Salad(23)
Sort By :
I used fresh corn and it's a very good summer salad, but next time I will make extra dressing as I found it a little bland.
Love this recipe which I first made for a family on our church's "care calendar." It looked and tasted so good that I was hard pressed to give it away. I came home and made another batch, substituting cumin for the basil and adding a touch of garlic powder. Both ways, it's an excellent change from greens based salads. Though titled "Summer Corn Salad," it will be an all year salad for us.
This is a super easy side to make and I don't even like tomatoes & I love this salad!!
This was absolutely fabulous! Definitely use fresh corn and basil as it makes this salad incredibly fresh tasting. I will be making this salad over and over again during corn season - by far the best corn salad I have ever tried.
I Love this Summer Corn Salad :)
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >