- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Summer Corn Salad
Sort By :
"This salad is like summer in a bowl. I have made this many times and never have any leftovers. Use fresh corn and basil, if possible - it makes all the difference. I have made it without the onion and it is still delicious."
"Made this for supper two nights ago. We loved it. Definitely making this one again."
"I have made this salad several times over the past couple of weeks. It's fresh, it's healthy, it's delicious! I took it to a birthday cookout and had numerous compliments! I was hoping for leftovers, but there weren't any-oh well, time to make a new batch!"
"This is a great cold salad to serve along a grilled meat entree!"