Summer Chicken Salad
"Using a little imagination, I came up with this recipe for drop-in dinner guests one night," writes Diana Boschulte of Goodfield, Illinois. "It's so versatile. You can leave out the grapes and add chopped apples or vegetables instead."
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Leaf lettuce
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, grapes and raisins. In
- a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add to
- chicken mixture; toss to coat. Stir in pecans. Serve on lettuce.
- Garnish with tomato if desired. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 605 calories, 46 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.