Summer Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
This best-of-the-season salad is guaranteed to be a hit! It's piled high with fresh fruits and veggies, chicken and greens, drizzled with a tasty raspberry vinaigrette—and simply delicious. —Heidi Farnworth, Riverton, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place the salad greens, chicken, peas, berries and celery in a large
- bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, preserves, salt,
- onion powder and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat.
- Top with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 318 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.