Summer Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Place the salad greens, chicken, peas, berries and celery in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, preserves, salt, onion powder and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Top with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cup: 318 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Summer Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
"This recipe is a real keeper. I followed the recipe exactly, and for a birthday party made a second raspberry vinaigrette that was a little sweeter, to give guests a choice. I can't tell you how many compliments I got! This will remain a definite keeper in my recipe box and meal rotations. Thanks so much for sharing this one."
"So light and refreshing...and healthy! Yum"
"although easy to prepare, and pretty, i found the dressing to be a little too strong."
"This is sooooooooo good. I used Strawberry Balsamic Vinegarette; very tasty too!"
"The correct yield on this recipe is 6 servings (2 cups each). We apologize for the error and it will be corrected here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.