Summer Chicken Salad
“I find that both men and women enjoy this version of chicken salad, whether you serve it at lunchtime or for your evening meal,” writes Marina Jines from Enid, Oklahoma.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 large slices cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, pineapple and celery.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, celery seed and
- pepper. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Serve with avocado and
- cantaloupe slices on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 1,016 calories, 65 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 47 g protein.