Summer Breeze Fruit Tartlets
Here’s a healthier fruit tart that substitutes baked wonton wrappers for rich pastry shells. Friends and family enjoy this easy to prepare (and to enjoy) dessert!Fran Fehling, Staten Island, New York
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, strawberries and blueberries.
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking
- spray; spritz each wrapper with additional cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jelly, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon fruit into
- cups; brush with jelly mixture. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet equals 69 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.