Summer Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
With a husband from Alabama, I have to make lots of good Southern desserts. This is a must-have. —Kimberly Danek Pinkson, San Anselmo, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup turbinado (washed raw) sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blackberry mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 274 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC